CAMH Gifts of Light - Help us this Holiday season!
This morning we went down the street to visit the Centre for Addictions and Mental Health (CAMH) and learn more about their needs for the holiday season. CAMH is Canada’s leading mental health hospital and research centre, working to “transform the lives of the one in five Canadians who live with mental illness and addiction in a given year.”
Because CAMH supports patients who are in crisis, in transition, and often with limited resources or access to basic necessities, they provide clients with needed hygiene and clothing items to support their dignity and wellbeing on their journey to recovery.
To keep their closet stocked for their clients, they rely on the generosity of donors – donors like us, and donors like you. Helping people look and feel their best makes us happy, and it can go a long way to supporting recovery. With the giving season upon us, we want to share some of the ways that you can help us support the people at CAMH:
Buy Some Socks
Our colourful, fun socks are a simple way to jazz up your look, plus they make a great gift. Socks are also one of the “needed” items on CAMH’s list – who doesn’t need some fresh, clean socks – so from now until December 25th, for every pair of socks purchased by you, in-store or online, we’ll be donating a new pair to CAMH.
Drop-off Donations with Us
Socks aren’t the only item on CAMH’s “needed” list, though – far from it. They are always looking for basic necessities that they can provide to their clients.
We’ve started to put together a donation of new clothing items, but we’ll also be collecting your donations of new/unused items that you can drop off at our store. Here’s what they need:
- Hygiene products: toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, face wash, moisturizer, tampons/pads, razors –those items that you use every day to stay fresh and feel your best!
- Makeup: unused makeup items like mascara, foundation (for all skin tones), nail polish – the little beauty items that help you look your best!
- Clothes: new/unused clothing items, all sizes and colours encouraged –pants with elastic waists are a popular one!
- Undergarments: bras, underwear, undershirts – because, you know!
- Shoes: a new pair of shoes or boots will help keep someone’s feet dry and warm – especially with winter just around the corner!
Participate in Gifts of Light
Don’t have anything to drop off? Looking for a nice gift and want to give back with some online shopping? Give your friends and family something you can all feel good about with Gifts of Light.
Through CAMH’s symbolic giving program, Gifts of Light, you can purchase things like an Emergency Kit, Pet Therapy, a Birthday Party, or dozens of other needed products and programs to support the recovery of the more than 31,000 clinical patients and 500,000 emergency and outpatients receiving services through CAMH every year. Visit the Gifts of Light website here.
If you’re interested in learning more about CAMH and the programs and services they offer, or how you can give back, email email@example.com, visit their website here, or contact us and we’ll connect you with someone to fill you in on the details.